• 3 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1¼ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 14 oz can of low sodium chicken broth
• 1 cup of heavy cream
• ½ a pound of penne pasta, or any bite-sized shape pasta, uncooked
• 2 cups of freshly shredded real parmesan cheese
• Salt and pepper
• Flat leaf parsley for garnish
1. Start by cutting chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces. Season with ½ a teaspoon of kosher salt and a few turns of pepper.
2. Brown chicken in olive oil over medium high heat.
3. It does not need to be cooked through at this point, it will continue cooking as it simmers.
4. Once chicken is browned, add minced garlic and saute for about one minute.
5. Add chicken broth, cream, and uncooked pasta to pan and stir.
6. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
7. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
8. Remove from heat and stir in shredded parmesan cheese.
9. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
1 3/4 c warm water (100 degrees f.)
1 Tbsp active dry yeast (it was less than 2 packets)
4 1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano, crushed in between fingers
1 Prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment.
2 Place 1/4 cup warm water in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix in yeast and sugar and allow to stand for 5 minutes until foamy.
3 Stir in the flour, 2 tablespoons room temp. butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1 cup warm water. With the paddle attachment, mix on medium until the dough comes together, adding additional water 1-2 tablespoons at a time.
4 Switch from the paddle attachment to the dough hook and mix for 4 minutes until dough is smooth.
5 Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into 16 pieces. I found it easiest to do this by separating the dough in half, halving it again, and again, etc. until I had 16 pieces. They were more even that way.
6 Roll them into logs about 7 inches long. Place them on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart and cover with a towel.
7 Allow them to rise for 45-60 minutes.
8 In a small bowl, whisk together the fine sea salt, garlic powder, and oregano.
9 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
10 Brush each breadstick with half of the melted butter and sprinkle half of the seasoning mixture on the breadsticks.
11 Bake for 15 minutes.
12 Brush each breadstick again with melted butter and sprinkle with remaining seasoning.
I like to have a side salad with olive garden dressing and I feel like I’m at the restaurant.