1 1/2 cup bread crumbs- I use the Italian Great value Panko
1 T olive oil
1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
3 medium to large chicken breast – skinless, boneless
1 – 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 T water
1/2 c flour
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1 1/2 t garlic powder
1 6oz can tomato paste plus equal amount water
2 cloves garlic crushed
1/2 finely minced small onion
1 T basal – fresh if available
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1) Preheat oven to 375
2) Prepare large shallow pan with rack. Aluminum foil on bottom would save cleanup time.
3) Heat a medium skillet on high with 1 T olive oil. Add the bread crumbs and brown.
4) let cool and add shredded parmesan
5) Use large plates or breading pans.
6) bowl #1 1/2 c flour. 1 1/2 t garlic powder, 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t pepper. Mix well
7) bowl #2 three egg whites combined with 2 T water and mix well
8) bowl #3 browned bread crumbs mixed with parmesan cheese.
9) Cut Breasts into cutlets by cutting them horizontally.
10) Dry the chicken cutlets with a paper towel. Dip in the flour mixture. Coat both sides and shake of the excess. Dip in the egg wash and then the bread crumbs. Press the crumbs firmly onto the breast. Place on rack. Spray the tops of the chicken with olive oil
11) Place on a middle oven rack and cook for about 20 minutes until temp of 170.
12) While cooking create your sauce. Add tomato paste with equal amount of water to sauce pan over medium high heat. Add 2 cloves garlic crushed or minced.1/2 finely minced small onion. 1 T basal – fresh if available. 1 t salt. 1/2 t pepper. Bring to simmer and decreased heat to low and simmer until needed.
13) Remove the breast from oven when internal temp is 170.
14) Coat top of each breast with a generous amount of sauce and them as much mozzarella as you can get to stick.
15) Placed back in oven and cook until top is browned.
Serve over cooked pasta and enjoy!!